The Objectives of the Friends of Dacres Wood Nature Reserve are:
To promote, maintain and enhance the indigenous wildlife and botanical value of Dacres Wood Nature Reserve and its educational use for the public.
- To maintain and enhance the traditional woodland species and encourage a good diverse structure of ground flora within the woodland, woodland edge habitats, and glades.
• To maintain and enhance open water habitats by preventing the pond from turning into marsh or willow carr.
• To maintain the dead wood habitat, both standing and fallen, within the woodland.
• To encourage community participation and maintain the site in a safe conditions for use by the general public for informal recreation purposes and the enjoyment of wildlife.
• To improve access into the reserve with special consideration given for disabled access and make available interpretative material to all visitors to the site.
• To improve educational opportunities for the Boroughs schools and the general public within the nature reserve and enable children to learn about ecology and the natural environment.
• To monitor both fauna and flora within the nature reserve and keep records of the ecology, use and management so that the success of any management